Upgrading from Oracle HCM Rel 11 to Rel 12 – Security considerations and generic steps
Oracle has revamped the security module beginning with HCM Cloud Release 12. Lot of customers who are upgrading from Rel11 to Rel12 are asking the question about the steps needed to make sure that the security configurations do no break post upgrade. I have listed below the major steps required for Security upgrade. I have also added additional notes that need to be considered while upgrading security.
- User accounts are no longer created Automatically for Users loaded in bulk. Need to make sure the flag is checked if auto user creation is desired during a bulk load
- No impact on OBIEE security as the Report roles are always custom
- Reset password link replaces temporary password in the change password email notification (Employee training)
- Roles tab removed from the ‘New Hire’ and ‘Rehire’ train stop. The provision role section appears on a new train stop called ‘Compensation and other Information’
- Area of Responsibility added to Person Security Profile and any custom SQLs written to drive security, utilizing Area of responsibility can be replaced using new configuration