Data Migration in a Fusion Environment can be done thru two approaches: File Based Data Import or Automate Data Migration using Web Services.
Approach 1: File Based Data Import
Oracle File Based Data Import (FBDI) is used when there is a need for high volume data uploads to Oracle ERP Cloud Service. It is used for both legacy data migration as well as daily or regular import of data.
Use the file-based data import feature to import large volumes of data from third-party or other Oracle applications, or create new data in Oracle Fusion Cloud.
Load Data into Interface Tables
Perform the following steps to load data to the interface tables:
- Download the relevant file-based data import template.
- Enter data in the template.
- Click the Generate CSV File button on the Instructions and CSV Generation worksheet in the template to create the CSV files in a zip file format.
- Save the zip file locally.
- Navigate to the Scheduled Processes page. Select your import process and the locally saved data file and then submit the Load Interface File for Import process to upload your data from the CSV files to the interface tables.
Load Data into Product Tables
Perform the following steps to load data from the interface tables to the product tables:
- Navigate to the Scheduled Processes page.
- Verify that the Load Interface File for Import process completed successfully.
- Submit the product-specific import process.
- Verify that the import process completed successfully.
Manage Data in Interface Tables
To manage the growth of product interface tables, there is an automatic purge interface table process that is initiated for each file-based data import process for data records older than 30 days. You can also use the Purge Interface Tables process to manually delete data from the tables.
Here is an example of Journal Upload on a Fusion Cloud Instance.
Step 1: Download the FBDI Journal Import template from fusionappsoer (Oracle Enterprise Repository ) site by choosing the correct release of the fusion instance.
Step 2: Download the template as shown below.
The downloaded template has the following worksheet:
Step 3: Generate CSV file after filling up the Journal data as per the Template.
Step 4: Upload the zip file created in the previous step and Run the Load Interface file for Import, which load the GL_INTERFACE table in the Fusion Instance.
Step 5: Finally, Submit the Scheduled process “Import Journals” to load the Journal in Fusion Application.
Approach2: Automate Data Migration using Web Services
You can automate the entire inbound data flow using web services as an alternative to the manual approach of FBDI. In addition, you can manage data from product interface and error tables with streamlined purge capabilities.
In this approach, the source system will be connected to collect the data (e.g. Customer, Supplier, Trial Balance, AR Invoice etc.) and transformed thru the Business specific logic at the Fusion Middleware level. Finally the Web Services can be called from a wrapper program executed in the Fusion middleware to the load the data into Fusion Application.